The FTSE Straits Times Index (STI) is a capitalisation-weighted stock market index that is regarded as the benchmark index for the Singapore stock market. It tracks the performance of the top 30 companies listed on the Singapore Exchange. It is jointly calculated by Singapore Press Holdings (SPH), Singapore Exchange (SGX) and FTSE Group (FTSE).
This app is created to provide a quick glance of the health of the Singapore Stock Market via the STI.
– Near real-time (per minute) display of STI
– Easy sharing of STI with friends and family members via the share button
– Animation to show the current status of the stock market. (Faster when the change is bigger)
– Mid day and End of day notification of STI
– Listing of news related to STI with sentiment tagging. (Green to represent positive, red to represent negative)